Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Ascendant

The Ascendant is the beginning of the horoscope chart -- the rising sign as it is commonly know. This is were the spirit enters the physical body (the breath of life if you will) and we begin life's journey. If a planet is located in the First house that has significance as to the condition of one's physical self. If the planet is near the Ascendant at birth it could mean that shortly after you were born some physical harm or illness happened to you. But it could mean something quite different.

As an example I had a client come to me and she insisted her exact time of birth was correct. As I began the consultation I always try to establish past connections to verify the chart. She had Mars in the first house and I asked her if she had experienced anything physically at the age of 5 months or 5 years that affected her physical being. She stated the she had been adopted at this point. Immediately stopped and declared that the birth time she gave me was incorrect! I said her time was perhaps twenty minutes off. Because Jupiter was located in the 12th house I told her that Jupiter should be either right on the angle or shortly before in the First House.

Jupiter's symbolism rules legal matters and in the first house the physical body. A few days later she called me in sweat. She had gone to renew her driver's licences and took her birth certificate and low and behold her time was off by 17 minutes. That put her Jupiter one half minute of arc from her ascendant!

Sometimes the heavens just have it right even if we don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment